The Holy Apostle Orthodox Church is found at Kyanuna Wakiso district in Uganda.It is located on Hoima road about 30km from Kampala. This church was consecrated in 2011 by Metropolitan Jonah Lwanga , the Archbishop of Uganda Orthodox Church,assisted by the priests from Uganda and Greece (Killikis).This church was named in commemoration of the twelve Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.Its feast day is on 30th of June.
school construction background
In this area of kyanuna and the near by villages , there is no secondary schools,that's why the church decided to build a school of secondary level in the area to help the community who were moving distant places looking for secondary education (studies). This construction was started in 2012 with the help of our brothers from Killikis-Greece. Because of financial problems the building stopped at that level, that's why we are requesting for your support in order to finish this building .
If this construction is finished and starts operating it will;
- Encourage many students to continue with their studies.
- School dropout will be limited,
- It will limit early marriage
- There will be development in the area.
- Job creation to the community.
ChallengesWe face a lot of demand from the community, due to the fact the they are in need of the secondary school, and they only have hope in us.
How else can you help?Linking us to others who can assist us towards the accomplishment of the school.
- You can partner with us and included us on your website and other social media.
- You could volunteer organize fundraising event.
- You can share our campaign to others