Κυριακή 21 Ιουλίου 2013

The History of Orthodox Christianity in Kenya since 1930's and in Turkana since 2006


Father Vladimir Aleandro

Since a young child I have had great interest in the spreading of the gospel. One of my earliest memories was seeing my grandmother praying twice every day for missionaries all over the world. Everything in my life has been colored by this desire. As a Byzantine Franciscan, I thought one day I would go behind the "iron curtain". As a public school Guidance Counselor for 28 years I viewed my work as missionary work. In 1992 my family, with one other family, began a Mission Station in our living room. We outgrew two storefronts and now have a beautiful church in Southbury Ct. In 2007 when our children were grown my wife, M. Suzanne and I answered the call from OCMC to lead the first mission outreach to the Turkana people of Kenya. We helped them build their first church. Since then we have returned in 2010 preaching and teaching in the most isolated areas of Turkana and in 2011 conducting Catechist training and teaching. In 2012 we led a group to a very isolated area of Turkana to build a second church. These beautiful, and very isolated people, have become a vital part of our lives. With great enthusiasm we want to share their lives and their message to all in America.

Photo GalleryTurkana Mission
Turkana Mission IIhttp://www.holytrinitypoconos.org/lenten-lecture-series/

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου